Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Don't be afraid of the dark

 Chrissy's rating- ☆☆

This 2011 horror films co-written by Guillermo del Toro stars a young girl (Ballie Madison) who recently moves into a new home with her father and girlfriend (Katie Holmes).  Strange scratches, bangs and whispers can be heard through the walls and vents.  The little girl grows more curious with each passing day and eventually discovers what hides inside the walls of her new founded home. 

                                  


                                      


I love the writer/directer Guillermo del Toro but this movie sucked.  It did not make me feel inspired, sad or scared.  This film did nothing for me.  I have to admit, I do not think Katie Holmes is a very good actor and the little girl Ballie is even worse in my opinion.  It really saddens me that Guillermo del Toro newest film was not very good and now I will have to wait even longer for his next film to come out.

The worst scene was when the little girl is being attacked and screams, it was one of the worst performances I have seen in a while, other then "war of the worlds" with Dakota.  What ever happened to the good old horror/suspense or thriller films that made me jump and loose my inner logical scene?  

No comments:

Post a Comment